WHY I’M ON THE TWITTERSIf you landed on this page, you’ve probably clicked through from my Twitter page. Welcome! A few disclaimers (updated Winter 2016):
• I use and RT crass language. I'm a New Yorker at heart, get over it.
• If you Tweet unintelligible sentences or ideas, I'll call you out.
• Engage and interact, don't be a dick. Be good to each other.
I HAVE A DISTINCT PHILOSOPHY ABOUT FOLLOWING & UNFOLLOWING—HAVE A LOOK IF YOU LIKE.
NEW YORK CITY REFUGEE IN ATLANTA, INDEPENDENT THINKER, TRADITIONALIST, CIVIL LIBERTARIAN, NERD. WOOKIEE, TRIBBLE & TREE HUGGER. DELIBERATE DISPOSER. APPLE/MAC HEAD WAY BEFORE IT WAS COOL. BASEBALL, CAR & HOME-IMPROVEMENT ENTHUSIAST. DREAMER. DISRUPTER. IMPROV ACTOR, HUMORIST, FREQUENT LOLER. POLITICS, POLICY & CULTURE JUNKIE. SEEKER/MAKER OF NON-CONSENSUS NEWS. CW DEBUNKER. WRITER, ARTIST, PHOTOGRAPHER, MUSICIAN, LYRICIST, CURATOR. CHEF & AUTHOR OF ‘PIZZA FOR GOOD’ & ‘LEAVING TRISCUIT’, BLOGGER, MEDIA ANALYST AND JOURNALISM GEEK. METAPHYSICS NUT. IDEA GUY, PROUD GENERALIST MULTIMEDIA FREELANCER.
FREQUENT PAIN IN THE ASS.
MY TWITTER FINE PRINT:
• EVERYONE SHOULD BE ENGAGED IN OUR POLITICAL PROCESS, however flawed. Make your voice count.
• Creating and seeking factual arguments and commentary is cool.
• Because troublemaking is best conducted on Twitter.
• Calling out stupidity in politics needs to happen 24/7.
• So I can elevate excellent journalism practice, and…
• …highlight horrid examples of said journalism (mostly Fox News).
• To promote my eBooks, “Pizza for Good,” “Leaving Triscuit” and others.
• To connect and interact with like-minded, awesome people of all stripes.
• Love making movie, TV and culture comments in 160 characters or less (sometimes more on this blog).
• Engaging in a broad range of topics is way fun.
• Always looking for Tweeps offer and get the greatest LOLs.
• Don't be a dick.
• Ideas, not ideology.
Some say you should focus like a laser on one subject to gain followers and interactions. About that… I have a lot of interests so you’ll have more of a grab bag on my feed. Here’s a sampling:
• Join me on Saturday mornings for “Real Time with Bill Maher” quotes and reax - I Tweet on Saturdays because I get such acute agita that it keeps me up at night if I live Tweet the show. Brew some coffee with me on Saturday mornings and we’ll chat about the show. I'm a self-deputized RT Reporter until Bill comes to his senses and invites me to be on the show to talk about "Pizza for Good."
• Politics (independent progressive)
• Travel writing and photography
• Ridiculous dog and Rat Terrier pictures
• Men’s issues
• Emotional Intelligence
• Art & Culture
• Charitable Activism
• Car trends
• Wonky Apple tech stuff
• Other techno/geek items of note
• Media analysis
• Journalism news
• Advice for writers
• LGBT issues
• Articles I’ve written
• Events I’m hosting
• Cooking & Recipes
• New York Yankees & Sports commentary
• …much more!
Did I convince you?
For more on my bio, go to my Who? page or visit my About.me page.
Drop me a note anytime - I’m committed to converting the Twitter experience to an in-person coffee hangout. Peace.
send me your stories: tips, ideas and leads to will AT willpollock dot com. guest bloggers are always welcome.
disclaimer: my Tweets have nothing to do with the work I do through Stone Four Media & Studios; any Tweets, RTs or opinions are not those of SFM or its affiliates.